Thursday, June 11, 2020

A Badge of Honor

By Minister Rowan Samuel

Honor means: 1. High respect; great esteem e.g. "his portrait hangs in the place of honor"

2. Adherence to what is right or to a conventional standard of conduct e.g. "I must as a matter of honor avoid any taint of dishonesty"

Honor works in connection with honesty and integrity. A man of honor is a man of his word showing himself to be honorable.

I was privileged to grow up with my father. I saw him when I woke up in the morning and I never had to wonder if he was coming home at night. He was very strict and of course as a boy I did not like that or understood the value of having my father home every night.

Proverbs 17:6 - “Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers” But unfortunately, fatherlessness has reached an epidemic proportion in our generation today.

I would like to use this opportunity to say so today I would like to honor the memory of my father and my mother as well for the values they taught me.

Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

May the Lord grant us the grace to respect, value and honor our parents, in Jesus mighty Name. Amen.

You will have a great turn-around this 2020.

Remain blessed. 

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment