Friday, April 15, 2016

Sin - #1 Enemy of the New Wine

By Pastor 'Deji Adewale

It’s time for us to go back to righteousness. Two words that the Church is no longer preaching about are Sin & Righteousness.

Romans 6:13 - Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God Proverbs 14:34 - Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people

We preach about everything else motivational for people to fulfill their potentials, live their dreams, have visions, maximize their lives, and have wisdom….but the church never talks about sin. So people are trying to be great but they are living horrible lives.

The words from the pulpit these days are what God can do for you, not what you can do for God, unlike olden days, the words were “Jesus is coming again, are you ready?” You could receive Jesus 100 times in a year, because you always get convicted.

I’m sure you & I came to Jesus, not because we wanted money or properties, but because we wanted to be holy, to live righteous, to have a relationship with Him, to make it to heaven… In Genesis 30:33, Jacob said “My righteousness shall answer for me” He essentially said his righteousness shall speak for him, intercede for him.

He said “I shall be reconciled by my righteousness” Job was covered in righteousness - Job 29:14… Job said… “I put on righteousness and it clothed me.”  We desire testimonies like Jacob & Job. Let us then pray “Father, you want to move in my life in NEW ways—Help me to be open to the New Wine of your Spirit and not miss what you have planned."

 You will have good success this 2016.  Remain blessed. Shalom.

RCCG Dominion Mercy Seat
695 Ocean Avenue
Jersey City
NJ 07305

No comments:

Post a Comment