Thursday, August 24, 2023

Godliness is Profitable in All Things

By Bro. ‘Yemi Oyedeji 

In today’s society, so many people seem to go through life searching for the magic answer that will bring them happiness and fulfillment. 

They may turn to money, relationships, prestige, drugs, possessions, or achievements to fill that void. 

However, none of those can bring genuine satisfaction; only Jesus is our true satisfying portion! As David declared, “LORD, You alone are my portion and my cup” (Psalm 16:5).  

The apostle Paul highlighted this truth in the fourth chapter of Philippians. As he reflected on his wide scope of experiences, he wrote, “I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. 

Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need"  Philippians 4:12. Yet, through it all, he testified, “I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content” (v. 11). 

Paul had discovered the key that his contentment rested not on the circumstances that surrounded him, but on his security in Christ.  

Learn to enjoy what God has given more than you grieve what He is yet to give. Let us practice the art of Godly contentment and we will find that it is great gain indeed. 

May godliness be our watchword and lifestyle, in Jesus Name.  

You will have good success this 2023. 

No comments:

Post a Comment