Friday, October 29, 2021

When God Says "No"!

From Our Pastor's Desk

Matthew 26:36-39 – “Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane, and saith unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder. And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy. Then saith He unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And He went a little further, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt"  And the Father was silent. 


Matthew 27 45-46  “Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

 Silence, again. I have two daughters whom I love dearly. I would do anything for them.  

I know, if needed, I would lay my life on the line to protect them.  Yet over the years, there have been numerous times that I have said no to their requests. 

Because I know what is best for my daughters. So it is with God.  God knows our needs, and He also sees the "big picture" that you and I cannot see from our limited finite human perspective. Just as we know when to say no to our children whom we love, God knows when to say no to us. 

We pray for patience, when it seems heaven is silent,, in Jesus mighty name. You will have good success this 2021. Remain blessed.   

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment