Thursday, December 3, 2020

I Can; But I Won't Do All Things

From Our Pastor's Desk

Probably one of the most well-known and most quoted Bible scriptures - Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. But I ask myself, can I, really? Can I do all things? 

I concluded eventually that even though I can, but I won’t do ALL things. I observed that, here Paul said he could do all things that Christ strengthened him to do. 

ONLY the things that Christ enables us to do can we do. Christ cannot & would not strengthen us to sin, be disobedient, transgress etc. 

Christ will only strengthen us to do His will. But we are free, with our free will, to do whatever we want. Freedom is a wonderful gift given to us by God. 

We get to choose to believe in Him, follow Him, and be in a loving relationship with Him. God didn’t create us as puppets or robots, He created us to have a mind, a heart, and a will.  Through His death on the cross Jesus has set us free from death, sin and consequences of sin.  

Freedom from so many things which we experience here and now in our day-to-day lives. Freedom to not commit sin. To not do something that we know goes against God’s will and His precepts. 

Even though we are free, but we are not free to sin. Paul says in 1st Corinthians 10:23 – “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not 

We need to keep off sin to keep off satan! We should keep off sin, to be indeed& truly FREE from satan. 

This is true freedom! Freedom from satan. Freedom from being harassed by satan.  May we truly receive strength from Christ to DO ALL THINGS holy, true, honest, just, pure, lovely, virtuous, of good report and praiseworthy, in Jesus mighty Name. Amen.  

You will have a great turn-around this 2020. 

Remain blessed.  Shalom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment