Friday, November 29, 2019

December 2019 - Our Month of Everlasting Covenant

From Our Pastor's Desk

Welcome to this Our New Month of Everlasting Covenant, in Jesus name. Genesis 17:7 – “And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee”

God told Abraham all that he will inherit, but in Genesis 15:5, he asked “Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?”

And as if God’s word wasn’t good enough, God went one step further and cut a covenant with Abraham, reassuring His friend that He would do as promised.

Note here that we are talking about “everlasting” covenants. The type that God has made with us.  Isaiah 61:8 – “...I will direct their work in truth, & I will make an everlasting covenant with them” His covenants are everlasting, they can never be broken.

They can only be replaced by newer & better covenants. Psalms 89:34–“My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of my lips” The everlasting covenant of God can only be broken if we fail to maintain an intimate & personal relationship with Him or get separated from Him through sin. 

In this month of Everlasting Covenant & beyond, let us purpose in our hearts never to stray from Him. And His everlasting covenants & promises will He keep concerning us, in Jesus mighty Name.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment