Friday, November 2, 2018

Room in Tight Places

From Our Pastor's Desk

Isaac faced much contention & strife for his dug wells, in Genesis 26:17-22. But eventually he dug a well far away from his contentious neighbors, and was left to enjoy the fruit of his labor, so he called the place Rehoboth. This means breakthrough

Psalms 4:1 - Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. The phrase “enlarged me when I was in distress” literally means “made room for me in tight places”; means “relief” (according to the NIV version).

The verse reminds us that there is a God who can offer us relief, make room for us in tight places or distress. Most times, we try to make our own space, handling things independently and attempting to solve our problems without ever calling on the One who best knows how to enlarge, no matter how tight the space.

It’s His specialty. Rehoboth means "broad place," broadway, and it refers to the land of inheritance that only God can give and that the enemy cannot steal from you. The Philistines did not contend for Rehoboth. God kept them away.

Rehoboth reminds us of the place God brought King David when he announced in Psalm 18:19 - "The Lord brought me forth also into a broad (large) place; He rescued me, because He delighted in me." In the scriptures, God made room for several people, they reached their Rehoboth, their place of expansion, enlargement, increase, breakthrough and rest.

Giving his boat to the Lord to use one morning, Peter who had toiled all night, got his breakthrough. He caught so many fish that his boat began to sink. Thereafter, he was promoted from a fisherman to a fisher of men.  You too will have your breakthrough!

The Lord will take you to your Rehoboth, a land of rest and expansion – a place where enemies will stop contending with you, in Jesus Name. Amen

You will have good success this 2018.

Remain blessed.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment